Video editing rates shouldn’t be a mystery. We all know every business, whether it’s a startup, a small business, or a large corporation, needs creative materials to succeed. Especially when it comes to marketing, videos are one of the most crucial types of creative material for a business.
It is essential to have a professional, engaging, and eye-catching video to market your business. Video editing allows us to merge visuals and sounds in a way that makes people feel emotionally linked to the video they’re watching. A well-edited video will keep people watching for extended periods, allowing you to get your message through.
This article will discuss your options for editing your videos and go over the various video editing rates.
Option #1: Do-it-Yourself (DIY)
One of the primary options available is to edit your video yourself. This is an advantage if you’re familiar with video editing and have video editing software.
- Save Money: You are not required to hire any third-party editors or companies to edit your videos. You can also use free video editing software.
- You’re in Control: You’ll be in charge of the time and how it’s completed.
- Freedom in Trial & Error: You can have as many attempts as you want until you’re satisfied with the result.
- Unpolished Final Output: If your video editing skills are rusty or not up to standard, the resulting video may not be of the highest quality. Furthermore, free video editing software is not always capable of producing high-quality output.
- Time Consuming: Video editing takes a significant amount of time and effort. It will take time and may seem daunting with all of your other tasks in your business, especially if you’re not an expert in editing videos.
Editing videos by yourself is technically free because you are not hiring an editor and can use free editing tools. However, if you want a premium editing program, you have to invest some money. Depending on the quality of a video editing software, their prices range from $49.99 to $89.99 for an annual license and $24.99 to $99.99 for a lifetime license. If you wish to learn more about video editing, there are video editing courses that range from $40 to $100.
Option #2: Hire a Professional Video Editor (Moderate Video Editing Rates)
Another alternative for successful videos in your marketing strategy is to hire a professional video editor. You can rely on many skilled video editors to deliver the results you desire for your video.
- High-Quality Results: A professional video editor can ensure that the final product is of high quality. You can look through their portfolio to see examples of their previous work, and make sure it matches what you want.
- Time-Saving: Hiring an editor will save you time and effort because they are experienced and knowledgeable on what tools, techniques, and revisions are required to finish the videos faster.
- Professional Work: Professional video editors provide far superior results versus amateur video editors. Professionals are primarily focused on offering their clients high-quality editing services. The more experienced the video editor, the better the results will be.
- Expensive: Professional video editors usually charge a lot since they put in a lot of time and effort into making a decent video. After all, you’re paying for their experience.
- Conflict: Video editors sometimes charge a lot of money and then fail to produce the output that the client intended. This could lead to a disagreement with your video editor, and additional fees for edits or revisions.
- Delays: Professional video editors work under tight deadlines and receive orders from a variety of clients regularly. As a result, there’s a good risk your project won’t be completed in line with the expected schedule.
Depending on the complexity of your video request and how experienced the video editor is, there are video editing rates starting from $50-$60 per hour on average. Some professionals offer video editing prices at $75 to $150 per hour. The average cost to edit a three-minute pre-shot video, meaning you are providing them all of the footage upfront, is $350-$400, which sometimes includes basic 2-D graphics, image, and audio upgrades. However, it all depends on the editor’s experience and what they offer. Make sure you are clear on what you are getting before you sign a contract or make a payment.
Option #3: Hire a Production Company
Hiring a production company means they not only edit your videos, but also help you create and shoot your promotional videos from scratch.
- Video Production with Less Hassle: Instead of doing everything alone or with your team, your workload will be reduced because video production companies are in charge of the most challenging jobs in developing the ideal content. They take on the planning and scheduling, so all you have to do is show up and read your lines.
- Helps with Content: Production businesses not only edit your videos but also assist you to create advertisements and video material to promote your brand and demonstrate your expertise.
- Costly: Because production companies do more than just edit videos, they are much more expensive.
- Difficulties in Communicating Ideas: It is still possible that the production company you’re working with doesn’t share your vision or values, or have a different creative style. Make sure you review their portfolio thoroughly and show them examples of their own work (or others) that you like.
- Schedule: Although the production companies are accessible for projects, you must schedule your recording ahead of time. You also may have to travel to their studio or another desired location for the shooting.
A produced 2 to 3-minute video can cost $2,000 to $7,000. The average cost of video production is between $1,000 and $5,000 for each finished minute. It’s extremely pricey because you’re paying for the entire production team.
Option #4: Reliable Hybrid Model (The Best of Both Worlds)
Using a hybrid model like ClearMix to create amazing video content for your business is an efficient solution. We can assist you with all the logistics, including equipment (camera, lights, microphone, etc.), and even assist you in recording the content through a remote video production procedure. Our editors get to work after your video content is captured and uploaded, and generate a high-quality video that fits your needs.
- Easy: ClearMix films 100% remotely with high-quality webcams and equipment. We can even ship equipment to you if needed. There is no need to travel and physically engage with the team.
- Affordable: Although we record and edit videos, a hybrid model such as ours offers fixed rates that are less expensive than a standard production company. Take a look at our pricing for yourself.
- Fast: We provide initial drafts in 10 days or less. We have demonstrated and tested our ability to deliver and commit on some of the biggest brands you’ve heard of.
- Custom Edits & Branding: Video editors will add custom animations in your brand’s style and stay on track with your goals. Brand consistency is a must.
- Remote Filming: Working remotely will be a disadvantage for you if you prefer to interact physically. Although our proprietary process is extremely interactive and efficient, it is over a computer. We get it, this may not be for everyone.
- Costly: Hybrid Model still costs more than hiring an average video editor.
ClearMix offers the most effective and affordable video editing rates. Video editing rates start at $500 for an edit-only video (you already have video content), or $1000 for a live recording of one guest with cuts and animations to match your brand, which is led by a professional producer. Our Brand Package where we develop your custom brand assets and animations is only $500, and our Studio-In-A-Box that contains a webcam, ring light and microphone shipped to your door is only $300.
The Bottom Line on Video Editing Rates & Options
ClearMix provides the greatest content video production and editing services at a reasonable price. We are the leading remote video production company because we ensure that every client is entirely satisfied with the final product.
Check out our video solutions for more information, or schedule a call today to learn more.